Mini Mustang Report
Summer Hours for Pillow Academy
Pillow Academy will be closed the week of May 27th – May 31st
Pillow Academy will be closed the week of July 1st- July 5th
Summer Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
2019-2020 Year at a Glance
Updated 11 February 2019
Basketball Camp for Girls entering grades 3-7: Click for Registration form and camp dates & times.
Basketball Camp for Boys entering grades 3-6: Click for Registration form and camp dates & times.
Girls Fastpitch/Softball entering grades 1-6: Click for Registration form and camp dates & times.
Monday, May 20th: ½ day of school. Dismiss Grades 1-5 at 11:45 a.m.
Tuesday, May 21st: ½ day of school. Dismiss Grades 1-5 at 11:45 a.m. End of the year class parties….students do not have to wear their uniform.
Wednesday, May 22nd: Awards Day for Grades 1-3 at 8:30 a.m. in the Craig;
Wednesday, May 22nd: Awards Day for Grades 4 and 5 at 10:30 a.m. in the Craig
August 9th: First day of School
- Students should wear a PA jacket or sweater as outerwear.
- Only Parents with Junior high students should pick their child up at 3:10 p.m. on the elementary porch.
- If a student in Grades 1-5 is late, he/she must go by the office to receive an admission slip before going to class. Students in Grades K4-5 will receive a tardy if arriving after 8:00 a.m.
2019 Summer Camps
Click to register for any of PA’s Summer Camps! (Camp form is a PDF file. Please print your copy.)
PA’s Girls Basketball Camp dates and times have changed!
Tuesday, May 21st 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 22nd 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 23rd 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Summer Reading Assignments for grades 5-12 have been posted.
Congratulations Class of 2019 Valedictorian and Salutatorian
Exam Schedule: Grades 4 and 5
Wednesday, May 15th: English & Science
Thursday, May 16th: History (half day)
Friday, May 17th: Math & Reading
Camp Invention is scheduled for July 8th-12th this summer! Spots are filling up!!!
Unmask your child’s creativity this summer in the all-new Camp Invention® program, Supercharged, where children transform their wild imaginations into epic creations. Campers in grades K5-5th this school year will code robots and use collaboration and creative problem solving during hands-on, STEM activities. Register and find current promotions at invent.org/camp or call 800.968.4332.
Use CODE INNOVATE25 to save $25 on registration. Code expires March 22nd.
Please be patient in our carpool lines Here are a few reminders that parents need to do to help carpool move quickly and ensure students are safe.
- Please make sure student are getting out on the right side of the car
- Pull up to the sign
- Do not pass other cars
- If you are dropping off a Kindergarten and 1st-5th grade student, you only have to make one stop. You can pull to the kindergarten building and when the kindergarten student gets out, the older child may get out and walk through the 1st grade side entrance.
- Afternoon carpool, the double line does not form until 3:10 AND the double line should not go past the brick columns.
- SAFETY IS OUR MAIN CONCERN!
Pillow Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and athletic or other school-administered programs.